Burnouts

I've been sick and in burnout mode for a while now. I'm slowly getting better, but it was really, really tough for a while. I was in bed constantly for about 2 months. My husband had to do everything for me.














Sometimes, all I could do was just lay in bed with the curtains drawn. I had a lot of headaches and no appetite. So, I spent a lot of time in a darker space, in bed, covers up....I felt guilty for a while, but I don't anymore. I can't. It was contributing too much to my stress.

Anyway, if you're feeling like this and you just don't know what to do, don't stress too much. Just try to maintain an element of self care such as resting, drinking, and eating if you can, and not worrying about what others think of you. You MUST take care of yourself in order to get to a better place. Because I spent the time to just rest, I feel that I was able to pull out of it a bit quicker. I am now starting to feel more inspired day by day.

My fall classes are starting in 3 weeks so I'm trying really hard to get myself into better shape physically and emotionally because I'm going to try to take on a full load this semester. I took the summer off and I really needed it. I just didn't want to only take 2 classes per semester, but if that's all I end up being able to do, then I guess I'll have to settle for that. I hope I can succeed going full time, but if I don't fully succeed, I won't be too hard on myself. I can't. It's just not worth it.

Live today! Even if it means being in bed with Netflix on.

So, here's a video I found about burnouts. It's very informative and it's what I've been going through since May:

Life with Asperger's/Autism Burnouts

(If you want any other GREAT videos to watch about Asperger's and Autism, watch videos published on YouTube by The Aspie World and Dan Jones. They're really informative. I've learned a lot from him.)

Comments

Popular Posts